Our board-certified pain management specialty doctors will create a treatment plan that’s right for you
Arthritis Treatment & Joint Pain Management
Welcome to Long Island Brain and Spine's Arthritis Treatment & Joint Pain Management page. If you are experiencing persistent joint pain, such as knee pain, hip pain, or shoulder pain due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, or tendinitis, our board-certified healthcare providers can help you alleviate your discomfort. In addition, we offer cutting-edge technology and various treatment options to help you manage your chronic pain and improve your quality of life.
Arthritis is a common condition that can cause various symptoms, affecting your range of motion, including:
• Joint pain and stiffness
• Swelling around the joints
• Reduced range of motion
• Redness and warmth in the affected joint
• Difficulty performing daily activities due to accessibility issues
• Fatigue and general weakness
Causes of arthritis
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints, which can result from various factors. Some of the most common causes of arthritis include:
• Osteoarthritis, often linked to knee injuries, meniscus damage, and overuse
• Rheumatoid arthritis, an autoimmune disease where the body's immune system attacks the joints
• Gout, a form of arthritis caused by a buildup of uric acid crystals in the joints
• Infections or injuries to the joints, such as sports injuries or ligament damage
• Age, genetics, and lifestyle factors
Arthritis treatment options
Advanced imaging technology, such as X-rays and MRI, can help us diagnose and treat arthritis more accurately. We can then develop a personalized treatment plan that works for you, which may include a range of treatment options such as:
• Physical therapy to improve joint function, strength, and flexibility
• Pain management, including over-the-counter pain medications, such as NSAIDs, ibuprofen, naproxen, acetaminophen, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and prescription medications for specific types of arthritis
• Minimally invasive medical procedures like corticosteroid injections, nerve blocks, epidural injections
• Assistive devices, such as braces, splints, or canes, to provide support and reduce stress on affected joints
• Weight management and exercise programs to reduce joint pain and improve overall health
• Alternative therapies such as acupuncture, massage, physical therapy, and chiropractic care.
• Self-care measures like heat and cold therapy, relaxation techniques, and joint protection strategies
• Surgery, such as joint replacement or joint fusion, for severe cases that do not respond to conservative treatments
Personalized Treatment Plans Tailored to Your Needs
Our specialists will work with you to determine the most effective treatment plan to suit your unique needs and goals.
At Long Island Brain and Spine, our team of compassionate, experienced doctors understands the physical and emotional toll pain can take on you. We take the time to listen to your concerns and develop a personalized healthcare plan tailored to your specific needs. Our specialists are trained to diagnose and treat various pain conditions, including arthritis, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you're suffering from arthritis or joint pain, don't wait to seek help. Contact Long Island Brain and Spine to schedule a consultation with our expert team at 631-422-5371 and let us help you find the relief and improved quality of life you deserve. https://longislandbrainandspine.com/